Little Stars tells the surprisingly life-affirming stories of young people around the world living with life-limiting illnesses. Against the odds these children and young adults are making the most of every moment thanks to the support of their loved ones and a dedicated team of pain and palliative care workers
Episode Length: 01:00:00
Episode: 1 of 1
You Might also like
Cities like Kyoto and Hiroshima are fascinating for their history. Everywhere, traditions are very carefully preserved, especially when it comes to festivals. But these days robots have largely replaced workers on car assembly lines and the younger generations lap up the innovations of the 21st century. The population, one of the world’s most dense, finds its balance in the words wisdom and harmony. Not forgetting the word that is the key to it all, Zen.
KYOTO. Golden Pavilion, temples and palaces. Tea ceremony. The Jidai Matsuri Festival. Kyudo and archers. The station. TAKAYAMA: the autumn festival. Chayano Tuff. Kamikochi Park. Ogimatchi. KANAZAWA: painting on lacquer. The districts of geishas and samurais. The 21st century museum. Chihirama Beach. HIROSHIMA. The A-bomb dome. The Museum for Peace. The sacred island of Miyajima. Shipyards. Car plant. KOYA: temples, monks and cemetery. NAOSHIMA. Shinkansen. Air photography. Etc.
Episode Length: 00:52:00
Post Views: 136
Cairns and the tropical North of Queensland is known as the Adventure Capital of the Pacific
• Helicopter visit to a Great Barrier Reef Sand Spit with Pete Jacobs, 2012 World Ironman Champion
• Cairns Adventure Festival – mountain biking through rainforest, ocean paddling along the Coral Coast & Ocean swimming off Green Island
• Feeding Giant Crocodiles, Aboriginal Dance Ceremony & Sailing off Port Douglas
• Ironman Cairns, Great Barrier Reef – 3000 competitors race on the world’s most spectacular race course
• Feature story on Chris McCormack, international ironman legend
Episode Length: 00:30:00
Episode: 2 of 6
Post Views: 64
This Emirate, which has grown out of the desert, has been filmed by Pierre Brouwers from every angle. Qatar is in fact a new and rapidly developing country in the middle of a construction boom. Futuristic skyscrapers emerge from nothing, bedouins barter their camels for powerful 4 x 4s, falconers equip their birds with electronic devices, and the camel jockeys are now robots. A documentary with extraordinary images to outline the shape of a new country.
• Doha • The Corniche • West Bay • Museum of Islamic Arts • The souks • Shopping malls • Architectural styles • Dhows • Al Jazeera • Education City • Al Khalifa stadium • Aspire Academy • Golf • Horse racing • Falconry • Robot jockeys • Camel beauty contest • Zikreet • West coast and oil • Farming in the desert • Oryxes and gazelles • Mangroves and pink flamingoes • Al Ruwais fishing port • Al Zubera fort and excavations • Mesaieed • Gas processing • Tour of Qatar cycle race • 4 x 4s in the dunes • Quad-bike gymkhana • Inland Sea • Traditional wedding • Qatar from the air • Etc.
Episode Length: 00:52:00
Post Views: 286