Missing in the Land of Gods follows the heartbreaking journey of Jock and Di Chambers through India in search of their missing son Ryan. This is a road movie, a mystery, an examination of love, hope and grief that takes you on a journey you’ll never forget.
Episode Length: 01:22:00
Episode: 1 of 1
You Might also like
This Emirate, which has grown out of the desert, has been filmed by Pierre Brouwers from every angle. Qatar is in fact a new and rapidly developing country in the middle of a construction boom. Futuristic skyscrapers emerge from nothing, bedouins barter their camels for powerful 4 x 4s, falconers equip their birds with electronic devices, and the camel jockeys are now robots. A documentary with extraordinary images to outline the shape of a new country.
• Doha • The Corniche • West Bay • Museum of Islamic Arts • The souks • Shopping malls • Architectural styles • Dhows • Al Jazeera • Education City • Al Khalifa stadium • Aspire Academy • Golf • Horse racing • Falconry • Robot jockeys • Camel beauty contest • Zikreet • West coast and oil • Farming in the desert • Oryxes and gazelles • Mangroves and pink flamingoes • Al Ruwais fishing port • Al Zubera fort and excavations • Mesaieed • Gas processing • Tour of Qatar cycle race • 4 x 4s in the dunes • Quad-bike gymkhana • Inland Sea • Traditional wedding • Qatar from the air • Etc.
Episode Length: 00:52:00
Post Views: 504
We become acquainted with the life and history of these two sister cities. One is ancient, with thousands of years of tradition, home to more than 20 million people; Beijing, Capital of the People’s Republic of China. One is barely one hundred years old, a planned city, home to less than half a million people, Canberra, the capital of Australia.
In this episode we visit national icons like Tiananmen Square, as well as national parkland on the outskirts of Canberra and the gardens and lakes of Beijing. We meet rural fire fighters and Chinese Opera performers, crosstalk artists and folk musicians—citizens of sister cities, citizens of the world.
Episode Length: 01:00:00
Episode: 1 of 2
Post Views: 222
Great Escapes heads West to explore life in the remote outback
• Mount Isa Rodeo, the world’s toughest and remote rodeo.
• The Big Red Run, is a 250km ultra marathon across the harsh Simpson Desert.
• Brodies Boxing Troupe is an outback tradition spanning 100 years where travelling boxers challenge the general public to a bout on the big stage
• The Birdsville Races, the world’s most remote & eccentric desert horse race
Episode Length: 00:30:00
Episode: 3 of 6
Post Views: 275